My shiny little online spot to help y'all keep track of me while I galavant around London.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Back.

I'm back in London now, after Christmas at home in Calgary. Christmas? Wasn't that a month ago? Yeah, well it took a a month of wrangling with paperwork, beauracracy and stupidity, for me to get my work permit. And then I needed to go to Ottawa to get my work permit visa -- yeah, they don't make it easy, do they? (Don't even ask me who "they" is/are, as I don't know.)

I'm exhausted from wandering Ottawa (pics to come) for two days straight (and walking in slushy snow is hard on the legs... or hard on my useless, atrophied legs, anyway); and from flying so far; and from jetlaggyness; and from waking up at 6am here-time, which is 11pm Calgary-time. Amazingly, I wasn't a total retard at work today, just a partial one.

Anyway. I've noticed this blog o' mine is improperly titled, given I'm no longer a student. While "A Canadian Worker in London" has a pleasingly communist feel to it, I think we can do better. And by "we," I mean "you."

So, give me some ideas. Winner gets um, a prize. Yeah, that's right. A surprise prize...

4 Comments:

Blogger james said...

James' suggestions:

- European blog trip

- Tea and crumpits ... and blogging!

- The Kobie report

- A Canadian living in London, working for the time being until the Internet pops the journalism bubble and cruelly wrestles my livelihood from underneath me

or you can do what i did, and just not give it a name: blog.jameskeller.ca

- james

25/1/06

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some suggestions:

- Just a Handellsblatt girl

- Nicole Kobie, east of Calgary

- London Calling

- Nicole's euroblog

- A Canadian expat's journal

and

- Harper refugee in London

What do you think?

27/1/06

 
Blogger Ryan said...

Damn it... I'm in Ottawa now, we could've totally hung out.

Oh well, next time.

1/2/06

 
Blogger Nicole said...

Dude! You live in Ottawa? Since when?!?! What about the cottage!!?

Uh, I obviously need to catch up on your blog...

1/2/06

 

Post a Comment

<< Home