My shiny little online spot to help y'all keep track of me while I galavant around London.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Meet Maella!

My sister Amanda gave birth to her lovely daughter (my niece! I'm an aunt!) yesterday at 5:08pm (Calgary-time).

Her and proud new daddy Brandon named their addition to the Kobie-Best household (Best-Kobie sounds funny, like there's a not-as-good-Kobie household out there) Maella Lauryn Elizabeth.

It sounds like it was an easier birth than it was a pregnancy -- which should suggest how difficult a pregnancy it was, given how not fun birthing must be.
But well worth the effort, I'm sure you'll agree:


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


More photos are here -- thanks to Michelle, who has taken all these, there shall soon be more. This child will be more photographed than Kate Moss, I tells ya.

The downside, of course, to me being so very far away is the things/people/events I miss. I've felt homesick before (and with good reason, I think -- last year was not an easy one for me) but none of the difficult times I've been through have made me feel as homesick as Maella. How can you love and miss someone you've never met yet?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Nat said...

Congrats Auntie Nicole! The pic with your dad and Maella is super cute. Tell Amanda and Brandon congratulations on their new baby.

4/2/07

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As if birth isn't traumatic enough, but the kid has to deal with flash bulbs too? Tom Cruise is right! Scientifollogy here I come!

5/2/07

 

Post a Comment

<< Home