My shiny little online spot to help y'all keep track of me while I galavant around London.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas in Calgary

So yet another Christmas break in Calgary. This is my third December since I moved out to London and I've yet to spend a single one in the UK. Go figure.

Thankfully, it's relatively warm and snow-free here. (Snow is piled me-high in Edmonton, just a few hours to the north, so that's saying something.)



From a cell phone,
so tiny picture!


As is usual for my month-long winter vacations, I've spend most of my time visiting friends and family... and drinking. When in Calgary, I'm a creature of habit and tend to hit up the same two pubs: Bottlescrew Bill's and the Hop in Brew -- they still remember me at the latter, amusingly and amazingly. (I'm not sure that's a good thing; I must have made an impression previously.) But damn, they do have the best pizza in the entire world. Pizza in London -- and elsewhere, I'm sure -- is limp and lame compared to this shit.

Aside from those pubs (and other favourites the Ship and Anchor -- when they let me in -- and Ming, home to wicked-awesome martinis named after dictators and peace advocates alike) I also spend a lot of time at Tim Horton's, home to good-and-cheap coffee and donuts, and named after a one-time hockey player who died in a winter driving accident. So Canadian it almost hurts...





Baking up a storm...
of cupcakes and nanaimo bars...



If all that wasn't healthy enough, my sisters and I spent a good portion of yesterday baking. Yeah, I'm gonna be fat by the time my holidays are over. (And if you just thought: "But you're already fat..." then fuck you. Yeah, that's right. Tho I must admit that I really, really miss my bike.)

But now it's time for a nap. I was up late last night -- not partying, but shopping... at a 24-hour Wal-Mart. Yeah, I rock out pretty hard in Calgary, eh?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

You went to Walmart without me?! Noooo!!! We were supposed to go together and revel in the oddness and the lateness and the tackiness!

Oh, well. I guess shopping is shopping. Hope you had a good time and that the Walmart greeter wasn't too creepy.

23/12/06

 
Blogger AMW said...

Happy Christmas Nicole! I've been reading your blog and laughing my pants off. You are hilarious. Have fun in Calgary - and feel free to visit the centre of the universe anytime... The T Dot beckons you... Cheers -Ann

27/12/06

 
Blogger Ryan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

28/12/06

 
Blogger Ryan said...

Hey Nicole,

I'm also back in Calgary over the break. I'll see if I can't a current e-mail address or phone number for you, but if you get this first and you have some free time, give a shout. None of my contact information has changed.

Chers,

Ryan

28/12/06

 

Post a Comment

<< Home