My shiny little online spot to help y'all keep track of me while I galavant around London.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Baker Street

While cycling to and from my house the past few days, I've gone past a movie set. I live right near an area called Shad Thames, and on the edge of it there's a bunch of warehouses -- really, Shad Thames is mostly old warehouses converted into seriously expensive housing.

Anyway, there's a mechanics shop on Chambers Street a couple blocks from where I live, and the past few days its been full of 1970s cars and made to look like a car dealership. There's a ton of trucks outside and film crew and lights and stuff.

A ton of movies and crap TV shows get filmed in London, so film crews aren't really that rare, so I didn't take much interest in it. I did ask one guy what movie it was, and he didn't tell me the name -- didn't know? wasn't allowed to say? -- but told me it was about a really crazy 1971 bank robbery in London.

Based on that, I think it's for a movie called Baker Street... starring the dead-sexy (for a bald man) Jason Statham. So yeah... I'll be taking a wee bit more of an interest now.

I'll get pictures (of the site, not the star) if I manage to remember my camera before they finish filming.

3 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

I see it stars the awesome Stephen Campbell Moore (of The History Boys). Get a picture of him, he's a legend.

6/12/06

 
Blogger Nicole said...

Dude, the Hugh Laurie guy! I think I'm gonna like this movie...

Anyway, they've stopped filming, pre-empting my celeb (if SCM and Jason Statham count as celebs?) stalking before it even got started.

7/12/06

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's for the movie "The Bank Job" out in theaters NOW!!! Awesome movie!!!

27/3/08

 

Post a Comment

<< Home