My shiny little online spot to help y'all keep track of me while I galavant around London.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I'll take "Undecided" at 200, Alex

This is my 200th post. No, really... it is. Go count them. I dare ya.

It seems about time for an update -- not so much because of the post count, but 'cause it's August, and my lease is up soon and I'm nearing the "what the hell am I going to do next" stage, which for me tends to occur every September.

In the meantime, I'm going to try and keep my brain busy. After work today, I'm headed to the British Beer Festival, where I shall imbibe a selection of the finest, award-winning ales, thereby getting smashed off my face. After which, Emily and I are crossing London (Earl's Court to Old Street) to go see some gig.

The next day, I'm sleeping in (I look forward to it already, nothing like a hungover lie-in) and then going shopping in preperation for the Big Green Gathering, or as I like to call it: hippy fest.

Then it's back to London, where I'll have a week to find a flat before Peter and Garth arrive and we do some serious Shakespeare theatre-going -- first, The Tempest in Stratford, starring Patrick Stewart, my second such experience; second, Titus Andronicus at the Globe recreation on the south bank, in the pit, old-school authentic style. The day they leave, Kris shows up on the last leg of his Farewell Europe tour.

All good times, and thankfully distracting from the big life decisions. Of course, come September, when I'm still undecided, still flatless and still in a job which I said I'd quit by now, we'll see how I am then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home