My shiny little online spot to help y'all keep track of me while I galavant around London.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Shout out to my Parkland homies!

I like posting to this thing from airports, as you may have noticed. Am at the shiny Ottawa International at the moment, awaiting a flight to Montreal's Trudeau where I transfer to my last flight to Heathrow.

(They've given me a whole hour to make the transfer; so if I'm not back in London by Saturday morning, blame Air Canada... and you know what song just popped into my head? The South Park "Blame Canada" thing. Urge to make a spoof "Blame Air Canada" jingle is suddenly overwhelming... It's got to be better than the Celine Dion theme song. /End random aside.)

So I've spent the past day (tired, because of kittens -- details and pictures to follow) gettin' my visa and visitin' Parkland expats. I know two people who also once lived in the neighbourhood I grew up in (um, called Parkland) and both now live in Ottawa. That's fascinating to me, but probably not to you. But really, this post isn't about you. It's about me, killing boredom. If it happens to cause you boredom, that's not really my concern. So suck it.

Anyway, I like the idea of a Parkland coup. South can take over Parliament (he got us in after hours, so I guess he can get past security) and Ryan can run the Army. Me, I'll be in Tim Hortons, drying out my socks. (Ottawa may be lacking snow, but it's still magically wet and slushy.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home