My shiny little online spot to help y'all keep track of me while I galavant around London.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Tagged.

Here, finally, is my response to Mary's book tag:

1. Grab the nearest book
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.
6. Tag 5 people

Okay, I've been meaning to grab whatever book I stepped on first (there's a few on my floor at the moment) but kept forgetting. I just bought two (from an awesome discount bookstore near Waterloo station) so I'll do the one I started reading first (while eating noodles... with chopsticks! I am very proud of myself. Very.)

So, from Peter Carey's My Life as a Fake:
I could not see how one might answer him. He seemed a soul in hell, like a prisoner turning the capstan in the drowning room, forever indentured to something to which he himself had given birth.

Then, the chapter ends. So here's sentence three:

One minute I would be filled with pity and the next with such intense dislike that I could only shudder.

The other book I bought was Margaret Atwood's The Edible Woman, which I've always wanted to read, but is playing second-fiddle because I just read Carey's Bliss, which was so totally wicked-awesome. Surprisingly so, to me, because I started reading True History of the Kelly Gang and couldn't get more than a few pages in.

I hereby tag... uh, who ever reads this blog who hasn't yet done this thing. Yes, that means you!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

Kelly Gang is amazing, you damn heretic. Try Theft too, also great.

1/2/07

 

Post a Comment

<< Home