My shiny little online spot to help y'all keep track of me while I galavant around London.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Snowed under.

London got a wee bit of snow last night and it took out the Tube. While changing lines from Jubilee to Northern at Waterloo, there was an annoucement listing the delays -- the good folks of TFL would have saved time to name where there wasn't delays, because there were no such places. "Everywhere is delayed. Suck it up." This was great for me, as I was running late for work anyway, and therefore got a weather-made get-out-of-jail-free card.

All very amusing, like watching Vancouver weather reports. An inch of snow shut the city down? Ha ha ha! We don't flinch until it's measured in feet! I mock you with my climatological superiority!

It's hard to resist. Everyone comes into work shivering and remarking on the wild and crazy weather, which to a born-and-raised Calgarian, is nothing, just a slight dusting and fresh temperatures. In fact, I like days like today, where the air is sharp and refreshing. It doesn't happen often here -- it's usually muggy and weighs you down -- so it's a nice change, tube delays and all.

Of course, it's not like Canada is so bad. I have a widget on my google homepage which shows temperatures for both Calgary and London. At the moment, guess which is nine degrees warmer?

Video is

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home